Directors today play a vital leadership role. A Director’s activities can be diverse, including oversight of the firm, performance reviews, budget and salary approval, managing relations with a growing stakeholder base, and playing a role in the M&A process. Today, directors must also consider a host of emerging challenges that impact the firm and its customers. Sustainability, globalization, and evolving business models in response to digital technologies are just a few of the challenges.
In partnership with the Singapore Institute of Directors (SID), this unique six-module directorship programme provides a 360-degree board-level view of key strategic areas and issues faced by company directors.
Why should you attend?
This programme offers an ideal opportunity to strengthen your understanding of the director’s role and how to serve the firm more effectively. The intimate class size fosters interactions between current and new board members, faculty and leading practitioners in various fields. In addition, the modular design which can be taken non-sequentially gives you great flexibility. Participants who complete Modules 1, 2 and 3 will be awarded the Executive Certificate in Directorship. Upon successful completion of all six modules, participants will be awarded an Executive Diploma in Directorship.
The modules in this programme are:
• Module 1: The Role of Directors: Duties, Responsibilities and Legal Obligations
• Module 2: Assessing Strategic Performance: The Board Level View
• Module 3: Finance for Directors
• Module 4: Risk and Crisis Management
• Module 5: Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility and Investor Relations
• Module 6: Effective Succession Planning and Compensation Decisions
What will you gain?
By the end of the programme, your key takeaways will include the following.
• Increased understanding of the role of company directors
• Practical frameworks and strategies to effectively manage the critical issues around risk management, CSR, C-level succession planning and compensation, and more
• Overview and development of key frameworks for legal issues and prudent strategies to help boards navigate in today's litigious environment
• Soft skills development for managing relations and challenging discussions between board members.
Source : https://exd.smu.edu.sg/open-enrollment-programmes/executive-skills-board-members-challenging-times