As technological advances reshape business in nearly every industry, many companies are still basing important decisions on questionnaires, focus groups, card swipes, and GPS tracking. But there are new, more accurate sources of information. Recent breakthroughs in neuroscience are helping us understand more about what people are thinking, paying attention to, and being motivated by. The real and potential business applications are astounding.
Grounded in the cutting-edge work of the Wharton Neuroscience Initiative and based on Wharton’s Introduction to Brain Science for Business MBA course, Leveraging Neuroscience for Business Impact presents a unique opportunity to learn directly from the scientists who are making new discoveries. This program explores the latest research on engagement, creativity, motivation, decision-making, consumer preferences, and interpersonal interactions.
Leveraging Neuroscience for Business Impact will show you how the brain works and how to promote desired outcomes, and — most importantly — how to apply neuroscience principles and technology in your organization to shape and improve marketing, design, management, leadership, team-building, finance, and innovation.
Program Highlights & Benefits:
- Discover how neuroscience reveals what consumers are really thinking, paying attention to, and being motivated by
- Learn how neuroscience can enhance talent identification, improve team selection, monitor training, enhance on-boarding and cultural fit, enrich marketing and communication strategies, and improve client relationships
- Improve leadership capabilities by understanding the science of decision-making, including how neural constraints can lead to poor decisions and how to overcome them
- Apply brain training and cognitive enhancement within your organization to improve productivity, cultural fit, and job satisfaction
- Gain hands-on experience designing choice sets that shape consumer and investor decisions
Experience & Impact
This highly interactive program begins with an overview of contemporary brain science. You will learn the basics of neuroscience and become familiar with important techniques for measuring and manipulating brain function. An interdisciplinary team of Wharton faculty will share major findings in neuroscience with applications to business, including selective attention and advertising; valuation and marketing; decision making and the tyranny of choice; learning, innovation, and creativity; user experience and product design; and social influence, team building, and leadership.
A blend of lectures, case studies, experiential sessions, and small-group work will help you begin to apply the latest insights from neuroscience to your organizational challenges. Participants will also work closely with each other and with faculty on a project to develop new ideas for neuroscience applications. The project culminates in a pitch session on the final day that will be critiqued by the group. You will leave the program with an actionable plan and a new network of highly experienced peers and faculty experts that you can access into the future.
Session topics include:
- Tools of the Trade: How to Measure and Manipulate Brain Function
- The Neuroscience of Decision Making: Tools for the C-Suite
- Vision and Attention to Design and Advertising
- The Social Brain: Cultivating Leadership and Building Team Chemistry
- The Neuroscience of Motivation and Engagement: Beyond the Focus Group
- Managing Innovation through Brain Science
- Brain Training and Performance Enhancement
Who Should Attend
Participants in this program are executives responsible for driving top-line growth, managing portfolios, leading innovation, or creating new business models. Specific industries that will benefit from program content include but are not limited to pharmaceuticals and healthcare, marketing, manufacturing and consumer products, and financial services.
Potential job titles and roles include:
- Director, senior director, vice president of large corporations
- CEO, president, senior vice president, general manager of mid-size enterprises
- Founders or CEOs of rapidly growing, successful entrepreneurial ventures
- Government and military professionals
- Managers in strategy, marketing, and R&D
Dates: April 23 - 26, 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA
To know more about the course visit: https://executiveeducation.wharton.upenn.edu/for-individuals/all-programs/leveraging-neuroscience-for-business-impact