Designed with a managerial focus, the course provides practical guidance in how to maximize workforce productivity within the union-management context. Develop a framework for interpreting the collective agreement. Learn constructive ways to deal with conflict, grievances and disciplinary action. Foster collaborative interactions with employees and union representatives. Lead appropriately and confidently in a unionized setting.
Leading in a Unionized Workplace
209 in stock
- Develop a solid framework for interpreting the collective agreement, and understand how it affects the key functions of management
- See how union representatives view and respond to management
- Minimize conflict with the union over managerial actions
- Approach the grievance process constructively
- Learn key arbitral principles shaping rights and obligations in the employment relationship
- Uncover root causes of chronic problems and grievances
- Reduce defensiveness, reactance and other negative dynamics through honest two-way communication
Who Should Attend The Course?
This course is designed for front-line and middle managers responsible for leading unionized production, service and maintenance workforces. Supervisors and managers new to a unionized workplace will find the course particularly beneficial.
209 in stock
|Gordon Institute Of Business Science, Univeristy Of Pretoria|
|Africa & Middle East|
|Less Than 1 Week|